Graphic design essentially includes everything in the work flow process used to produce, among other things, static and dynamic visual imagery, textile designs, packaging and product promotional material.
Desktop publishing is a combination of the tasks, core skills and software, specific to the process of arranging text and visual elements on a variety of media, e.g., magazine covers, newsletters, brochures, letterheads, etc, on a computer system.
The aim of this program will be to produce candidates for higher education and employment who will:
- have an excellent understanding of core skills and an in depth knowledge of important work flows.
- be exceptionally creative, with an eye for consistent good design
- be able to confidently and competently prioritise a varied workload
- work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- have a passion for doing artistic work.